Monday, March 23, 2009

Dell Commander Adama.

I wanted to try and avoid blogging on web design (that's a whole other kettle of whale) but I was so frustrated by the Flashy product page for the new Dell Adamo that I had to comment.

Dell's Adamo is designed to compete directly with Apple's snazzilicious MacBook Air. In order to do this, their web site has eschewed all information and functionality in favor of beautiful models francing around in formal wear.




It's a miracle they even tell you the name of the product ("Adamo"? Pretty damn close to Adama ... are they trying to jump on the Battlestar Galactica nerdwagon?)


Is the Adamo itself any good? Maybe. Who knows? I can't even find product specifications. All I see on their web page is a heading with four ambiguous options:
Encounter (what, like an animal in the wild?)
Discover (isn't that just a synonym for encounter?)
Admire (well that's a bit narcissistic)
Commit (wait ... if I click it, have I bought one? I don't even know what I'm buying! Maybe I should 'admire' it a little more ... hey, what's up with this weird flickr photoset?)

You've missed the boat, Dell. Nobody wants your laptops anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment